Pronouns are the words used in place of nouns.
Look at the following sentences.
1. Rajan is an intelligent boy. He studies in class 1.
2. Sudha is my best friend. She lives in my neighbourhood.
In the first sentence, ‘he’ is a pronoun as it has been used for the noun ‘Rajan’.
In the second sentence, ‘she’ is a pronoun as it has been used for the noun ‘Sudha’.
• The pronoun ‘I’ is used for the person who is speaking.
• ‘He’ is used for a singular ‘boy/man’.
• ‘She’ is used for a singular ‘girl/woman’.
• ‘They’ is used for a group of people.
• ‘It’ is used for animals, plants and non-living objects.
Fill in the blank with the correct pronoun.
1. Ashoka was a great warrior. ______ won many wars.
2. Children are very happy because _____ are going on a trip.
3. Angelina is a pretty girl. _______ studies in class 1.
4. I like this book. ______ has many pictures.
5. _______ am going to learn French.
Identify the pronoun in the following sentences.
6. James is an honest boy. He never tells a lie.
7. She wants to win the competition.
8. They want to go for a long walk.
9. Where is your car? Is it in the garage?
10. I don’t want to work anymore.
Yearlong program for Olympiads preparation & to build necessary skills for future.Explore More
Time to mark your calendar with the upcoming Olympiads exam schedule.Explore More
Take your Olympiad preparation to next-level by taking LIVE Classes.Explore More
Assess your performance by taking topic-wise and full length mock tests.Explore More
Know your true potential by participating in Unicus Olympiads for classes 1-11.Explore More
Give wings to your innovation by appearing in CREST Olympiads for Prep/KG to classes 1-10.Explore More