Prepositions are words that are used to describe the relationship between other words in a sentence. They are used before nouns, pronouns or noun phrases.
• Ellen lives in this house.
• I will go there with my friends.
• My brother is coming on Sunday.
Prepositions are generally used to indicate direction, time and location.
Direction: across, along, around, against, towards, to, up, etc.
• I am going to college.
• He is going towards railway station.
• He is walking along the road.
• He is swimming across the river.
Time: in, on, at
• I will meet you in the morning.
• I will meet you at 7 pm.
• I will meet you on Sunday.
Location: at, on, in
• I will meet you at office.
• I will meet you in the park.
• I will meet you on M.G. road.
Fill in the blanks with the most suitable options.
1. She was standing ______ one foot.
2. They were heading _______ the German border.
3. She lives _______ her parents.
4. Our house is just ______ the corner.
5. They walked slowly _______ the road.
6. They arrived late ______ the airport.
7. I read about it _____ the paper.
8. Put the guitar _______ the wall.
9. The village is further _____ the valley.
10. She began to walk away _______ him.
Yearlong program for Olympiads preparation & to build necessary skills for future.Explore More
Time to mark your calendar with the upcoming Olympiads exam schedule.Explore More
Take your Olympiad preparation to next-level by taking LIVE Classes.Explore More
Assess your performance by taking topic-wise and full length mock tests.Explore More
Know your true potential by participating in Unicus Olympiads for classes 1-11.Explore More
Give wings to your innovation by appearing in CREST Olympiads for Prep/KG to classes 1-10.Explore More